Sunday, October 10, 2010

Action Research

In reading the article on action research, I discovered that action research can be used in many facets. Action research can be defined as a methodology to approach various situations in a rhetoric setting. For example: Most educators always start with a normal routine for their students, the action plan almost never changes. Action research can play a vitality role in implementing the change from normalcy of a traditional classroom setting, by helping teachers to acquire and use technical skills to deliver practical changes in collaborating with his or her students. Action research provides effective strategies for teachers who deal with different types of barriers that they might face on a day-to-day basis. Moreover, action research provides some fundamental steps for educators to investigate areas of concern and meet classroom demands and school challenges. By examining what criteria’s that can be met in keeping students focused on current lectures and assignment, and also gaining their attention when the students’ are exhibiting signs of becoming disengaged in the classroom. As I come to understand the various approaches and techniques in action research, it is merely deciding on what areas to focus on; what data collection techniques should be used; and an action plan to deliver for educational change. Since action research can be used on a large scale that actually fits with every teacher or educator in mine. In my current role as a corporate educator, I will use action research to redefine my learning modules to fit with my audience; through the use of action research it will allow me to collect useful data that is meaningful to my learning environment.

2 comments:

  1. Finally, I've found an idea to help me with my research project. Part of my internship plan is creating professional development learning modules. I hope you will eventually post how you will collect this data. I am also interested in the kind of course ware you use to deliver your learning content; as well as, the features it has to collect data.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carmen,
    As a sidebar of what content design that I use on the job versus my action plan project are quite different. However, I am trying to find ways to develop a different learning style than what we have already in place as an orgainzation. My first priority in learning how to show the idea of podcasting being an effective tool for learnes, I'm hoping to incorporate the same technique on the job as well as in the schools. If my company decides to implement podcasting as an alternative for educating our internal and external audience; the idea could pass and prove to become a successful tool. The company would see several benefits in the cost of physical man hour, the elimination in traveling from site to site, and the reduction of cost in providing leture material.

    Thank you for your input.

    ReplyDelete