Saturday, November 19, 2011

EDLD 5363: Reflection - Digital Storytelling: For a Better Life

EDLD 5363 Multimedia and Video Technology

Reflection – Digital Storytelling:  For a Better Life

Creating my digital story was new but an exciting experience.  I never realized how images could bring back to life some of your deep rooted secrets about yourself and how to find your true passion in life.  My digital story did that for me.  In using the concepts from the author Joe Lambert’s “Cookbook for Digital Storytelling, I was able to recapture a past experience that had reshaped my life through the art of giving.  In reading the Cookbook for Digital Storytelling, I learned some of the most important aspects of digital storytelling.  Through the reading, I was able to vividly create a day in my life that has changed me forever.  The cookbook helped me put together scattered pieces about my story to make it a complete picture of my own experience.  Connecting stories with images helped me to expand my knowledge; and also helped me understand that communication does not always have to come from spoken words.  Communication is main-stream, it is how we can illuminate our thoughts and embed our thoughts through audio and images.  My journey to reflect back on some of my past experiences and bring some of those experiences to life in a two-minute clip was experimental.  My experience with this project has opened the gates to become open-minded in cognitive learning, social learning as well as reflective learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment